Who should apply?
If you have a positive attitude, love to help people, enjoy working as part of a team, have a flexible work schedule (we are open 7 days/week), and want to work in the heart of the Nelson community, then the Kootenay Co-op may be the place for you!
Please note that we often hire new staff on an on-call basis. To start, your schedule may not be consistent and you will be asked to fill in on short notice. Almost all of our staff work some evening and weekend shifts.
As an employer we strive to enhance each person’s work experience in a variety of ways:
- We value work-life balance, continuous improvement, and maintaining a friendly work environment where each staff member can get involved in making the Co-op a great place to shop and work.
- We are committed to providing training and educational opportunities to our staff in a safe, supportive and friendly work environment.
- We provide a great benefits package, including a staff discount, Group RRSP plan, Group Benefits plan, great vacation pay and even a paid day off for your birthday!
Not to mention the satisfaction of working in a co-operative environment surrounded by great food and great people!
How to Apply
- Download and fill out our Employment Application Form or pick up a copy at Customer Service.
- Attach your résumé and cover letter, including 2-3 references.
- Visit the Customer Service desk on any Tuesday or Thursday between 4-5pm and introduce yourself to the HR Manager, Tory. If these times don’t work for you, drop off your application at Customer Service at any other time.
How long will my application be on file?
Your application will kept on file for 90 days and you are free to submit updates at any time. If it has been more than 90 days since you last applied, please submit a new application package. If suitable positions become available we may contact you with some questions or request an interview.
We sincerely thank you for the time and effort that goes into each application! Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to follow up with each applicant. You will be contacted by phone or email if you are selected for an interview.
Why work at the Kootenay Co-op?
Employees of the Co-op are truly unique. Our friendly, talented staff have created a culture of inclusiveness and teamwork, along with a passion for bringing organic, sustainable food to the Nelson area. Employees receive a store discount, health and dental benefits, RRSP matching and clerk-level wages starting at $13 per hour.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Kootenay Country Store Cooperative to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.