Sprouting greatly increases the food value of seeds and beans. Sprouts should be used up quickly once they are ready, store extras in the fridge. The following chart gives basic sprouting instructions; all measurements are for a 1 quart jar.
You will need
- mason jar
- sprouting lid or cheesecloth + elastic band
- Measure seed into jars.
- Cover with ample water and allow to soak for recommended time.
- Cover top of jar with a sprouting lid or cheesecloth and an elastic band.
- Drain away soaking water and lay the jar, wrapped in a tea towel, in your dish draining rack.
- Rinse and drain twice daily, once sprouts are ready, flush with water to remove loose hulls.
- Store in the fridge until used.