- 2 to 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- 2 – 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp. gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat BBQ to medium – high heat, or oven to 220°C / 425°F,
- In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, thyme, cumin and salt.
- Rub the chicken wings with this mixture and lay them on a baking sheet.
- Bake/cook for 20-25 minutes. (For the bbq method – oil the grill and keep an eye on them while they cook, to prevent sticking).
- In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for the the blue cheese dip.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, fresh basil, garlic and seasoning salt.
- When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic/basil/olive oil sauce.
- Serve with the blue cheese dip.
Notes: you can substitute the oregano & thyme with Italian seasoning or any other dry herbs you like. Try another flavour with dill instead & add some lemon zest with the garlic & oil. You could also consider barbequing these wings – or finishing them on the bbq (par-baking them to speed things up).