Grilling season is in full effect and we could not be more excited! This week we’re eating everything (and anything) you can throw on the grill and we’ve got plenty of True Local products on special that will be perfect for a long weekend full of barbecuing adventures.
Here’s a few tips for grilling!
Salt is one of the few marinade ingredients that penetrates past the first few millimeters of the food. Herbs and spices form a nice crust but don’t penetrate the meat very deeply, so consider adding a sauce.
Use a thermometer to test for doneness
Allowing the meat to “rest” off the heat before serving allows juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
For each type of vegetable, cut into same size pieces so they finish cooking at the same time.
Smaller pieces mean faster cooking time and more exposed surface area for flavouring from marinades and grill heat
Use a skewer to keep veggie pieces organized, but use separate skewers for each item since they won’t cook at the same rate.
Ingredients we’re excited about:
- Spicer’s Farm True Local Potatoes
- Mobetta Farm True Local Asparagus
- J2 Ranch True Local Wagyu Beef Top Sirloin Steaks
- J2 Ranch True Local Wagyu Beef & Smoked Gouda Burgers
- Kootenay Natural Meats True Local Pork Smokies
What we’re eating this week
- Asparagus, Tomato & Feta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette from the Cooking Classy blog
- Best Steak Marinade from Chelsea’s Messy Apron blog
- Grilled Potato Wedges with Fresh Herbs and Butter from My Recipes
- Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus from Cafe Delites
- Grilled Mango with Honey and Pistachios from Everyday Southwest