This week we’re easing our way into summer with mini watermelon! This irresistible summer fruit is great on its own, but it’s more versatile than you might think! Not to mention it is full of great health benefits (not just water). Eating watermelon can reduce the risk of kidney disorders, it contains a high supply of vitamin C, it’s full of antioxidants and vitamin A which helps maintain a healthy skin and helps detoxify the body.
Check out the recipes we’ve got lined up this week for different ways to stay fresh!
Ingredients we’re excited about:
- Mini Watermelon
- Cherry Tomatoes
- True Local Cutter Ranch Pork Chops
- Lamb Merguez Sausage
What we’re eating this week:
- Strawberry Chia Watermelon Smoothie from the Minimalist Baker blog
- Tomato, Watermelon, and Feta Skewers with Mint and Lime from My Recipes
- Arugula & Watermelon Salad from Cookie + Kate
- Grilled Pork Chops with Plums, Red Onions, and Arugula from Delish
- Grilled Lamb Merguez Sausage, with Walnut and Date Quinoa Salad and All-of-the-Herbs Yoghurt from Frankie Fenner Meat Merchants
To check out our Weekly Specials flyer, click here. Read our Monthly Flyer for great deals available this month, or come by the store for hundreds more all-natural and organic groceries at great member prices.[fbcomments]