(Makes enough to fill two glasses, with ice cubes)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh-squeezed lemon juice – plus a few lemon wedges for garnish
- 1/2 cup (125ml) fresh watermelon puree, strained through a coarse strainer to remove seeds – plus a few thin watermelon wedges for garnish
- 3 (45ml) tablespoons simple syrup (see notes)
- 1/4 cup (175ml) natural soda or sparkling water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cold water
- fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- add a splash of Vodka (optional)
- Combine all ingredients
- Stir together and serve over ice.
- Garnish it with a watermelon or lemon wedge, and some fresh mint leaves if you’re feeling fancy.
Multiply the ingredients by 4 if you want to fill a pitcher
Make your own simple syrup by simmering 1 part water with 1 part sugar until sugar has dissolved. Let it cool.
– by Sarah Bedo & Marnie Christoffersen, Kootenay Co-op Staff