Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim brussel sprouts, and cut in half.
- Chop the sweet potato into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Place brussel sprouts and sweet potato and garlic into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat everything evenly.
- Add the cumin, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. Toss again to coat.
- Pour the veggie onto a prepared baking sheet and spread out in one layer over the sheet.
- Place in the oven and roast for 40-45 minutes. The veggies are done when they’re brown and fork tender.
- Place the veggies in a serving bowl and toss with the red wine vinegar. Garnish with fresh thyme, and more salt and pepper to taste.