- 2 cups pasta ( fusilli, penne, rice or quinoa)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cans of tuna, drained and in little chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 2 long red chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 anchovies, chopped or 3 Tbsp of anchovy paste
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, washed and stemmed
- 1 large handful small black olives, pitted
- 1 handful basil leaves, torn
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp capers (optional)
- Cook the pasta (or rice or quinoa) in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water. Drain well & set aside in a bowl.
- Return the pot to high heat, and add the oil, garlic, chiles and anchovies. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add in the tomatoes and olives, and cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are slightly softened.
- Incorporate the hot pasta (or grain) and the tuna chunks to the pan, and gently toss the ingredients. Drop in the basil leaves and season the dish with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Share Your Comments