A creamy blend of coffee, almond butter, dates and bananas – topped off with cinnamon, cardamom, and vanilla.
Yield: 1 large smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 large medjool dates
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cold espresso shot mixed with 1/2 cup cold water, OR approximately 6 coffee ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- pinch of salt
- dash of cardamom
- Add almond milk and dates to a blender and blend until smooth. It’s okay if small pieces of date are still visible.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and continue blending until fully mixed.
- Serve in a large glass with a dash of cardamom on top.
Recipe submitted by Brooke Johnson[fbcomments]