Berry Hemp Breakfast Smoothie
Great breakfast smoothie idea, or bring to work in a 1L mason jar with a tight fitting lid and enjoy as a mid-morning snack. These smoothies make great popsicles (you may want to omit the matcha and the hemp oil for kids), just pour into popsicle molds and freeze. Awesome after school snack for the kids.
- 2 Tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 2 c water (or coconut water)
- 2 tbsp Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70 Protein powder
- 1 banana, or very ripe pear
- 1 c fresh or frozen berries
- 1 tbsp Manitoba Harvest hemp oil
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- Optional: 1 tbsp of Organic Traditions whole black chia seeds for added fiber- after blending
Combine hemp seeds and water (or coconut water) in a blender and process on high for 30 seconds. Add all remaining ingredients and blend on high for up to 1 minute, or until smooth and creamy. If adding flax or chia, stir into smoothie after blending.
For other great Hemp protein smoothie ideas see Manitoba Harvest website; http://manitobaharvest.com/recipes/category /3872/smoothies.html
– Kootenay Co-op Kitchen