- 6 cups watermelon
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup raw agave syrup or honey (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Remove as many seeds as you can from the watermelon flesh.
- Place watermelon and water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add sweetener and blend to mix.
- Strain liquid into a pitcher along with lemon juice.
- Refrigerate until chilled, serve with a sprig of fresh mint or lemon balm.
Note: The mild flavour of the watermelon blends nicely with the tart lemon juice. This unusual lemonade recipe will quench your thirst and keep you refreshed all afternoon long.
– Kootenay Co-op Kitchen