Black Bean Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, drained
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cups finely chopped tomato
- 1 large yellow, red or green pepper, chopped
- 1 – 2 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup tightly packed minced cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- sliced avocado for garnish
- corn kernels (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients except the avocado.
- Set aside at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate for up to four days.
- Serve with sliced avocado, corn chips and napkins!
The flavours in this recipe are an unusual but delicious combination. Leftover can be served over hot rice for a wonderful ad hoc mexican dinner.