Fruit and Fiber Muffins
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flakes
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup date
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins (or chocolate chips)
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup fruit (large chunks)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cook dates in a 1/4 cup water (add water as needed) on low to medium heat until dates have disintegrated.
- Add wet ingredients to a bowl, add nuts, raisins, fruit, eggs and oil.
- Blend, and then add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix very little.
- Add to oiled muffin tins, or use paper muffin liners and bake 15-18 min.
Yields 12 muffins.
– Kootenay Co-op Kitchen