- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup dried apricots
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup oil
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup wheat germ
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins, partly cut up
- 2/3 toasted almond flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Heat orange juice to a boil.
- Put dried apricots in pan, bring to a boil again, and turn off heat.
- Cover pan and let apricots absorb juice until tender enough to cut with a sharp knife, but not really soft.
- Meanwhile, mix honey and oil. Stir oats, flour, wheat germ, cinnamon and salt together.
- Drain apricots and add the juice to the honey-oil mixture.
- Chop apricots coarsely and stir into dry ingredients along with raisins and almond meal.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and press mixture into an oiled 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Bake about 30 minutes. Keep an eye on them! Cookies made with honey brown quickly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Credit: Laurel’s Kitchen” by Laurel Robertson[fbcomments]