- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup raw or brown sugar
- 1 tbls nutritional yeast
- 1 cup buttermilk or yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss dry (1st 7) ingredients with a fork in a bowl.
- Add buttermilk & melted butter and stir gently.
- Add blueberries and stir just till dry parts are all moistened.
- Fill oiled muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Turn heat down to 400° after 5 minutes and bake about 15-20 minutes longer till muffins are golden brown and spring back in the middle to the touch.
– The Kootenay Co-op