Cabbage & Mushroom Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1 scallion
- 2 cloves garlic
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ medium cabbage (about 5 cups chopped)
- 5 mushrooms (about 1 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- 2-3 teaspoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon white cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- A sprinkle of ground pepper
- Wash and chop the cabbage into small pieces or slices. Peel and chop the garlic into small pieces, and chop the scallions lengthwise in small pieces.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil, scallions, garlic and red pepper flakes. Turn the heat on medium high. When pan is hot, add the cabbage, mushrooms and salt and saute for about 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add two teaspoons of tamari (or more if desired). Add the cooking wine, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Saute for another 5 minutes and turn the heat off and serve.