Cinnamon-Swirl Butternut Squash Mini Loaves
For the Swirl
- 2 tbsp. coconut palm sugar
(or maple sugar)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chestnut flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup pure grade B maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- 3/4 cup peeled, cubed, steamed until soft, cooled & mashed organic butternut squash
- 4 large organic pastured eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 3 mini loaf (3”x 5 3/4”).
- In a small bowl, stir together swirl ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine shortening and maple syrup until creamed and softened. Add squash, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet until fully combined.
- Fill mini-loaf pans half way with batter. Sprinkle some of the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the batter. Using a knife, swirl the cinnamon/sugar into the batter gently. Continue to fill the pans with the remaining batter, filling each pan 3/4 of the way to the top. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon/sugar evenly over the tops of all three loaves. Use the knife to swirl the mixture gently into the batter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until tops are golden and the centers spring back when touched. Cool 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack, then remove the loaves from the pans to cool completely. Slice and serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer up to 3 months.