Coronation Grape Clafouti
1 Tbsp butter
3 cups seedless Coronation grapes
3 large eggs
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup Treasure Life Flour Mills Multipurpose Heirloom flour
1- 1/2 cups light cream (10%)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Make sure your oven rack is in the middle-lower position. Place a baking sheet on the rack. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch glass pie plate and set aside.
2. Gently pull the grapes off their stems and place them in a large measuring cup. Once you have three cups, cover the grapes with cold water and swish around to gently clean the grapes. Drain off the water. Pour the grapes into the prepared pie pan.
3. In a blender, combine the eggs, flour, sugar, salt, vanilla and cream. Blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can whisk the eggs, sugar and flour until smooth, then add the salt, vanilla and cream and whisk until smooth.
4. Pour the batter over the grapes in the pie plate. Place the filled pie plate in the oven on the preheated baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, rotating the pan about half-way through baking. Clafouti is done when it is puffed and golden around the egdes and the centre only jiggles very slightly. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
5. Clafoutis can be served warm or at room temperature.
Recipe and image found online at www.chefheidifink.com/blog/baking/coronation-grape-clafouti/[fbcomments]