- ½ cup brown lentils
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup red kidney beans
- 2 tbsp. ghee or butter with about ¼ cup water
- 1 large onion, dicedfinely
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch minced Ginger root
For the spice mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp madras curry
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro, (can add after)
- Soak beans overnight and cook until completely tender (or use 2 large tins beans)
- Sauté together onion, garlic and ginger in ghee (or butter) with water
- When softened add spices
- Add cooked or canned beans and simmer on low about 20-30 min. Add water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add ½ cup Almond or Cashew butter and water as needed to make thick sauce
- Simmer about 10 min more on low and serve.
Cilantro can be used as a garnish.
Recipe by Maggie Jones[fbcomments]