Almond Loaf Cake
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup xylitol or sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ heavy cream or milk substitute
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tsp almond extract or vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and xylitol on medium speed until blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the almond flour mixture, water, cream, ground almonds and almond extract.
- Beat on low until well blended and smooth.
- Spoon the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake 50 minutes, remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
– Kootenay Co-op Kitchen[fbcomments]