What’s your quintessential summer fruit? For me, it’s got to be peaches – the juicy flavor explosion is hard to get any other time of the year. Same with tomatoes. Tomatoes are useful all year, but there’s nothing like a summertime, vine-ripened, locally-grown heirloom tomato!
Ingredients we’re excited about
This week, we have a lot of wonderful summer produce on sale, including organic peaches, watermelons, tomatoes, and carrots. We also have True Local chicken and family packs of grilling steaks and Check out our weekly specials for the full list, and don’t forget to review our monthly specials for our best deals for August.
What We’re Eating
This week, we have a mix of tasty meals for home and a few festival- and beach-friendly salads and sandwiches.
- Basil Grilled Chicken with Peach Salsa from Whole and Heavenly Oven
- Grilled Peach, Brie & Basil Sandwich from Two Peas and Their Pod (we have Le Pleine Lune brie on sale all month at 15% off!)
- Peach Crisp Protein Smoothie from Sprouted Health
- Classic Potato Salad from Genius Kitchen
- BLT Pasta Salad from Kaslo Sourdough Pasta