Melon & Cheese Bites
1 melon (cantaloupe, honeydew)
4 slices of bread (cereal & grains, dense bread is better)
150g Emmenthal cheese (or gruyère, any firm and fruity cheese you like)
Freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp cane sugar
- With a small round spoon (or melon baller), carve out little balls of melon and place into a pan on low – medium heat.
- As they are warming through, dust with 1 to 3 Tbsp of sugar and continue warming until they become golden brown in colour – about 2 -3 minutes. Let them cool completely.
- Cut slices of bread into squares, matching the size of the melon balls.
- Do the same with Emmenthal cheese slices.
- Assemble bread + cheese slice + melon ball and hold with a toothpick.
- Dust lightly with pepper & decorate with some peppercorns