Roasted Parsnips and Fennel Bulbs with Olives and Garlic
- 3 large fennel bulbs
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 medium Parnips
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- ½ cup Kalamata Olives, pitted
- Pre-heat oven to 400 °F (200 °C)
- Trim the fennel and chop each head into 8 wedges and place into a large bowl.
- Peel the Parsnips if they are tough skinned and slice very thinly, add to bowl.
- Add chopped garlic and sliced shallots along with the oil, honey, salt and dill. Mix very well to coat.
- Place into a 9 by 13 inch baking pan and bake at for about 15 minutes, shake the pan every 5 minutes or so.
- Test for doneness and bake until the Parsnips are just tender, scoop into a serving bowl and garnish with olives, serve.
Recipe adapted from Julie Daniluk.[fbcomments]