Balsamic with Orange Couscous Salad
- 2 cups instant regular or whole wheat couscous
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup hot orange juice
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or flax oil
- Place couscous in a large bowl. Pour in hot water and juice. Cover tightly and let stand for 5 min. Fluff with a fork and let cool for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables and add to couscous mixture.
- In a small bowl stir balsamic vinegar with orange peel, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in olive or flax oil and then drizzle over couscous mixture. Toss to combine.
- Taste salad and adjust seasoning just before serving.
- Makes 16 servings