Sesame Cucumber Summer Salad
Prep time: 7 minutes. Serves 2-3.
- 2 medium sized cucumbers (about 1 lb total)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Peel the cucumbers. Cut them into quarters, lengthwise. (If the seeds are bitter, scrape out the seeds and discard.) Cut the cucumbers again, crosswise, into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- Place cucumbers into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Toss with sesame oil, seasoned rice vinegar, and chili flakes. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.
Make sure your sesame oil is fresh and not rancid. These oils can go rancid after a few months. Do a taste test before adding to the cucumbers; if it tastes off, don’t use but instead add to shopping list!
Recipe and image found online at: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/sesame_cucumber_salad/