Summer Fruit Galette
Ingredients for Pastry
- 1 Cup organic flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, refrigerated
- 4-5 Tbsp ice water
Ingredients for Filling
- 3 – 4 Cups organic nectarines, peaches, cherries, berries, plums, etc.
- 1-2 Tbsp organic flour
- 2 Tbsp organic sugar (or to taste)
- Combine flour and salt and cut in butter until pieces are pea-sized. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time until the dough is moist but NOT sticky.
- Flatten dough into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate 20 minutes or so.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and prepare fruit (slice, pit, etc)
- Roll dough into a 12 inch diameter, and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Leaving a 2 inch border, sprinkle dough with flour and 1 Tbsp sugar. Arrange fruit on top and sprinkle with remaining 1-2 Tbsp sugar, or to taste.
- Fold dough over the fruit about 2 inches to form a rim. Make sure there are no cracks where the juice can leak out. Sprinkle rim with a little bit of sugar.
- Bake until well-browned and bubbly, about 25-30 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature, preferably with ice cream.
Recipe and photo found online at firstname.lastname@example.org[fbcomments]