Watermelon, cucumber & radish salad
1lb (500g) watermelon, seeded and diced in cubes
1 long english cucumber, sliced
2 Tbsp (25g) almond slices
oil for frying (grapeseed, coconut)
1/2 c (100g) pea shoots, rinsed
1 radish bunch, rinsed & topped
4 green onions, rinsed
2 cups of thinly sliced romaine lettuce, packed
For the dressing
2 Tbsp liquid honey
3 Tbsp walnut oil
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
black pepper to taste
- Put watermelon dices + cucumber slices in a sieve, sprinkle fine salt on it, toss and let water drain above a bowl for a few minutes.
- During this time, warm up some frying oil in a pan and toss almond slices until golden. Put on clean paper towel or drain in a small sieve to absorb excess oil.
- Cut radishes + green onion in 1/4” thick pieces, put in a salad bowl with the lettuce & sprouts.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour onto the salad.
- Add cucumber & watermelon to the salad and gently toss.
- Top with golden almond pieces and serve.