May is Fair Trade month.
- Fair Trade is about better prices, decent working conditions and fair terms of trade for producers.
- It’s about supporting the development of thriving farmer and worker communities that have more control over their futures and protecting the environment in which they live and work.
- Fair trade is about sustainable farming, environmental protection and transparency.
- Fair Trade is an alternative approach based on partnership; one between those who grow our food and those who consume it.
- Fair Trade’s vision is a world in which all producers can enjoy secure and sustainable livelihoods, fulfill their potential and decide on their own futures.
Learn more about Fair Trade Month and Fairtrade Canada by going to their website: http://fairtrade.ca/
Peru Trip Essay Contest
To read the essays, follow the links below: