What we’re eating
Happy Back to School! Getting used to waking up on time is a struggle for many children returning to school. After two months of sleeping in and fun summer adventures come early morning starts, the need for deep concentration and lots of brain power! Studies show that nutrition has a big impact on academic success including cognitive function and social integration. It’s worth the extra effort to make sure that breakfasts, snacks, lunches, and dinners are preparing you or your kids for success!
Ingredients we’re excited about
This week we’ll give you some great ideas for healthy meals and easy lunches to help you and your family kick-start the school year! You can find true local organic carrots, cherry tomatoes, and cantaloupe on sale. We also have True Local chicken and salami in our Butcher Shop. Check out our weekly specials for the full list, and don’t forget to check out our monthly specials for our best deals for September
What We’re Eating
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal from Fresh Living
- Cantaloupe Breakfast Bowls from Eating Bird Food
- Four Healthy Smoothies for Kids from My Fussy Eater
- One Pan Thai Coconut Yellow Curry Chicken & Rice from Ambitious Kitchen
- Roasted Brown Butter Honey Garlic Carrots from The Recipe Critic
- Salami & Pickle Grilled Cheese from Bon Appêtit
- Our Smoked Sockeye Nuggets from the Butcher Shop can be a great lunch snack!