Cinnamon & Star Anise Cranberry Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Place all the ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir.
- Once the mixture has come to a boil, turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cranberries have cooked down and the sauce has thickened. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and allow the cranberry sauce to cool. The sauce will thicken more as it cools.
- Place in the fridge until your ready to enjoy.