Granola Bars Extraordinaire
- 1 cup nut butter
- ¾ cup honey (for a less sweet bar use 1 cup brown rice syrup)
- 3 cups instant rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins, or dried cranberries (or ½ c raisins and ½c dark chocolate chips, or chopped nuts and seeds)
- 1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup dark chia seeds
1. Combine nut butter and honey in small saucepan, and heat over medium heat, stirring until well combined.
2. Remove from heat, and stir in oats, raisins, protein powder, coconut flakes and seeds.Use a bit of elbow grease as this can be hard to mix – I use my hands.
3. Spoon mixture into 8-inch square glass baking dish, and freeze for 30 to 60 minutes.
4. Remove from freezer and cut into 32 1 x 2 inch bars. Store in refrigerator.
-Kootenay Co-op Kitchen