Kumquat & Cranberry Marmalade
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 2, 4 inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup kumquats, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat honey, cinnamon sticks and ginger to boiling in a saucepan.
- Add chopped kumquats and simmer until just soft.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the kumquats and the cinnamon sticks.
- Discard the cinnamon sticks.
- Set aside kumquats.
- Add cranberries to honey mixture in sauce pan and cook until the cranberries burst.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and allow to cool.
- Stir kumquats back into the mixture and spoon it into jars.
–Kootenay Co-op Kitchen