Kale and Butternut Squash Breakfast Bowl
Don’t miss breakfast and try out this perfect recipe to help
kick-start your day the right way!
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut into ¼ and remove seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 head kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs, cooked however you like
- 1 large avocado, pitted and skins removed
1. Roast the butternut squash in a 425 degree F oven upside down in a pan until fork tender, about 20-30 minutes.
2. Cool until you can handle it and peel off the skin.
3. In a large sauté pan over medium heat melt the coconut oil.
4. Add the onion and sauté until translucent about 5 minutes.
5. Add the garlic, kale, and seasonings.
6. Cook until the kale is wilted.
7. Cube the butternut squash and add to the pan to warm threw.
8. Divide the mixture into 4 bowls and top each with one egg and
9. Serve immediately.