Misty Mountain Almond Rice Cookies
- 1 ¼ cups coarsely ground toasted almonds
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 2 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- pinch salt
- ½ tsp bk. Powder
- 1/3 cup good oil
- 1 ¼ cups rice syrup (or part maple syrup)
- 3 tbsp. ground flax + ½ c water, mixed
- Add the well mixed dry ingredients to the well blended wet ingredients.
- Form little balls and place onto an oiled cookie sheet.
- Flatten just slightly and bake at 325 F for 7 min.
- Turn the tray around and bake about 5-7 min more, till golden around the edges.
This recipe for these little gems was given to Maggie Jones by a man named Guru Ghar, a virtual wizard when it comes to baking. Cool them well on a wire rack and then decorated with melted carob or chocolate chips for a special cookie.