Sesame Chocolate Power Balls
- 1 c dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Toast sesame seeds in a hot, dry, frying pan over medium heat until lightly brown. Remove from heat and empty onto a small plate and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine soaked dates, tahini, hemp hearts, salt, and cacao. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Add dried cranberries to processor and pulse a few times until they are incorporated, but not blended.
- Using clean hands, roll 1-2 tbsp of mixture in your hands until a smooth ball is formed. Roll each ball in toasted sesame seeds until completely coated (or just coat half). Place onto a cookie sheet.
- Place finished balls in the fridge until firm (2-4 hours). Store refrigerated. Will keep 3-4 wks in fridge or 6 months in the freezer.
Recipe provided by Cindy Spratt – Be sure to check out more great recipes from Cindy at the Kootenay Co-op Cooking School or on her website – www.cindyspratt.com.
This recipe can also be found at http://www.cindyspratt.com/sesame-chocolate-power-balls